Friday, November 27, 2015

my kitchen: Thanksgiving leftovers turkey soup



I looked up a bunch of recipes on how to make turkey soup with my thanksgiving leftovers and everyone single one described the first step being that you make stock from the bones. I was too impatient to simmer for hours and make a stock and then make the soup, so I just made it one pot soup, adding carrots, onions, garlic, tomatoes, broccoli, green beans, potatoes, salt, pepper to the turkey carcass and water, then some pasta, alternated boiling and simmering, and it was ready in an hour. The secret is adding one can of tomato paste to give it that depth quickly. I also cooked some quinoa separately and added that in whenever I made a bowl for myself. Winter has finally hit Taipei this week, so this is the perfect meal.

One pot thanksgiving soup


Scooped in the quinoa before stirring it in 






No comments:

:)