Monday, July 01, 2019

My kitchen: EASY BANANA BREAD WITH YOGURT


I had the best mini loaf of banana bread from Tamed Fox a few weeks ago and since then I’ve been craving it. I actually went back a few times but they didn’t have it or ran out and sometimes you just can’t wait. I had some ripe bananas but only had two, so I adjusted this Recipe that used 2 bananas and I had some walnuts on hand, but pecans would work too. I also need to find some whole wheat flour since I really loved it in Tamed Fox’s version and it makes it slightly healthier. Putting this down for the next time I need it. 

Easy Banana bread with yogurt
(This recipe made 12 muffins) 

  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used salted butter so I omitted)
  • 1/2 cup yogurt 
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips 
  • 2 medium bananas, mashed 

1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). 
2- In a large bowl, stir together 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup sugar. 
3- Add 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla, mix well. 
4- Add 1.5 cup flour and 1 tsp baking soda, stir into the liquid mixture until smooth. Then, fold in the 1/2 cup yogurt, and 2 mashed bananas. 
5- Finally add walnuts and chocolate chips with some to sprinkle on top. 
6- Spoon into muffin tin so it’s 80 percent full.
7- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and top is browned. 

This is the previous recipe I used- http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.com/2015/01/my-kitchen-easy-banana-bread-muffins.html?m=1



2 comments:

Calvin Svein said...

Looks supper yummy. Need to try to make this ASAP.

Olivia Maya said...

Seems to be a delicious recipe, thank you for sharing this with us.

:)