Monday, April 25, 2005

American food in Taipei

You can also search my blog or click on the restaurant name for the review.

Make your reservations at these places




CHILI's

2F, 22 Sung Shou Road
Neo 19 Building, 2nd FL (near Warner Village/101)
(02) 2345-8838
$$



CHEERS Pub Bar

at Grand Hyatt Taipei
1st Fl., 2 Sungshou RD
(02) 2720-1234
$$-$$$




THE DINER

No. 145, Rui-An St.
(02) 2700-1680
$
Cash only




DEAN AND DELUCA

at Breeze Center, B2F
N0.39, Fu-Hsin S Road. Sec 1
Taipei 105
(02) 6600-8888 ext 7301
$$-$$$



CITIZEN CAIN

No. 67 Dong Fong Street
(02) 2708-4557
$$





ROBIN's GRILL TEPPAN LOUNGE

at Grand Formosa Regent Hotel, 2 FL
41 Chung Shan N. Road, Sec 2
(02) 2523-8000 ext 3930
$$$




TGIFriday's

at Miramar Entertainment Park and Mall
20, JingYe 3rd Road
Neihu, Taipei
$$


You could also try...





NY BAGEL

No. 122, Xin Yi Rd, Sec. 5
Taipei 110
(02) 2723-7977
$-$$





TAHITIAN NONI

No. 108, Xin Yi Rd, Sec 5
(02)8788-1987
$





BELLE FUSION

149 Dunhua S Rd, Sec 1
(02) 2777-3322
$$





McDONALDS

NY NY, 101, Mitsukoshi, Hsi Men Ding and everywhere
$





Sorry! Closed since I've been there.




TONY ROMA's

156 Min Sheng East Road, Sec 3
(02) 2719-0992
$$









STATES FRIES

Warner Village outdoor food court
16 Song Shou Road
$$





Someday soon on my list...


  • Lawry's
  • TGIF
  • Ruth Chris
  • Butter
  • California Grill
  • Long John Silver's
  • 10 comments:

    Daddy Alex said...

    Chili's is definitely one of the better eateries for American food.
    Try the Cadillac fajitas, any burger, and the Texas Chicken Salad which is my wife's favorite. And the molten choco cake is a must.

    Tony Roma's ribs are good but I find the ribs at Dan ryan's too be better.

    NY bagels has a great roast beef ciabatta sandwich and get a slice of cheesecake while you are there. It's flown in from Junior's, a famous eatery in NY.

    Ruth's Chris for steak. Pricey but the quality & service is better than back home in my opinion.

    joanh said...

    hmm, good tips! I will have to try the ribs at Dan Ryan's.

    I have heard good things about Ruth's Chris- will have to add that to my list, as well as Lawry's.

    AM Coan said...

    [Disclaimer- I'm a US resident working here in Taiwan for several months.]

    I went up to the Chili's at Shin Kong Mitsukoshi [sp?] up in Tien Mu and found it to be a... mediocre experience.

    As my sister put it, it was the full on American experience, including slow-to-non-existent service. Unlike the vast majority of other restaurants I encountered, both local and imported, Chili's was considerably more expensive than in the US (I recall it to be approximately 15% more) and had the standard gratuity added on top of the menu prices (which, had they been included, would've been comparable to prices in the US) as well.

    The food itself was good enough, but nothing spectacular. Little was different from its US menu (which was what I was really hoping for) and the standard seasonal specials were lacking as well.

    Personally, I'd avoid Chili's if you're a foreign visitor looking for something interesting, but, I suppose, that's pretty much a given and my own fault.

    joanh said...

    ambvai: hi! thanks for the comment.. i've never been to the Chili's in Tien Mu, but yes, it's definitely pricier than local places, but I like that they have the American rather than localized food. Otherwise, I could just get that anywhere else. They do have slow service when they get really busy. And like the US food, their food is, well, chain restaurant quality. But yes, I don't take my tourist (from US) friends to Chili's, but it's good when you haven't had American or Tex Mex food for a long time!

    Anonymous said...

    States Fries hasn't closed unless it has been in the last week or so. They are on the bottom floor on the back corner of the vieshow (warner village) building, across from the miles7 place. It has actually just moved one store away, and an irish fries store has taken up that corner spot, so you should go back and review both.

    joanh said...

    anonymous: thanks for reminding me! They had seemed to have closed down and replaced with a Ireland's potatoes but then mysteriously popped up right next recently. I will move them from that side. I wonder if they have improved with the repopening?

    Anonymous said...

    Joan, Have you tried Forkers? It's a "gourmet" hamburger joint not too far from your recently reviewed Good Day. No. 8, Alley 10, Lane 223, Chong Xiao E. Rd. Sec. 4.

    They have burgers, quesadillas, fish and chips, chili, and poutine, plus more.

    joanh said...

    billy: thanks for the heads up! have been hearing about it lately and actually got a chance to try it today.. will write it up soon.

    Anonymous said...

    I tried it shortly after I left the previous post above. After reading your review, I tend to agree with you...I also wanted to like it but thought it was just okay. Would rather have a burger at Fridays or Outback.

    Free Credit Score said...

    Awww...it is actually quite embarrassing when people mention "American food", they will be basically fries and burgers...very unhealthy food.

    :)