hi. it's already September and we survived 3 months of Level 3 self quarantine and restaurants doing takeout/delivery only.
After finishing 2 weeks of mandatory quarantine after returning from my first trip in a year and half, I saw this on Half Baked Harvest's instagram, and NEEDED to BAKE SOMETHING, and an hour later I was devouring freshly baked carbs. This recipe really is RIDICULOUSLY easy to make, with no complicated ingredients. I used a Apple Cider Pipsqueak from Little Creatures Taipei (thanks Ashley!), and I thought it went so well with the butter and honey.
The texture is dense and spongy, and the crust is so crunchy, buttery and amazing.
As always, there's so many more things I want to say and share, but I have to get over my own obstacles of feeling like things need to be perfect before I post them, to get that done and uploaded. So for now, enjoy the recipe and the warm carbs.
EASY HONEY BUTTER BEER BREAD
from Half Baked Harvest
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pint beer (12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 Tablespoons of cold salted butter, sliced into 8 slices
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C / 375 degrees F.
2.Add flour, baking powder, pinch of salt to mixing bowl.
3. Pour in beer and add honey. Mix until just combined.
4. Spoon batter into baking pan. Add slices of butter on top in two rows.
5. Place loaf pan onto a rimmed baking pan (to catch splatter from butter). Bake for 45-55 minutes or until top of bread is lightly browned. Slice when cooled and enjoy!