Thursday, November 14, 2013

desserts/delivery: I recommend THE COOKIE JAR



THE COOKIE JAR
0911-208-337
(02) 8218-2777
order@cookiejar.com.tw

www.cookiejar.com.tw



I had spotted pictures of the cookie sandwiches aka whoopie pies from the Cookie Jar for awhile online, but didn't get a chance to try them until last week when a girlfriend and I decided to fulfill our cookie cravings together.  I pointed her to their Facebook page and she ordered the cookies and brought them over. The cookies from Cookie Jar are made to order by the owner Karen and ordered via phone, email or online through the website or Facebook page and are usually delivered the next day or at an arranged pick up area. The bright pink bag and adorable packaging are perfect for gifting, or to order to share like we did.


Cookies in Taiwan usually tend to be thin and crispy and it's harder to find American style chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside cookies unless you know where to look (I find myself going to Subway or We Love Cookies for cravings or making them at home). But it's always great to have another listing on the rolodex in case a craving hits and the Cookie Jar even delivers (although you have to wait until the next day to fill that craving!)


The Cookie Jar offers a great selection of flavors to choose from- including red velvet with cream cheese frosting, chocolate with marshmallow filling, cranberry oatmeal, carrot cake with vanilla cream cheese frosting and oatmeal raisin.  Whoopie pies tend to typically be a cookie-cake hybrid in texture, and I'd say these cookies were more along those lines and softer than what I expected- not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm guessing that's why they recommend putting the cookies in the fridge if they aren't eaten the first day.


I really enjoyed all the cookies I tried, but my favorite was the chocolate cookie with marshmallow filling- the cookie was not as cakey and the filling was gooey but not too much so. A lot of the frostings in the cookie sandwiches tasted very similar to me, but the marshmallow filling stood out. The chocolate cookie also had chocolate chips in it, so it was a double chocolatey delicious bite.


Yum!


I also enjoyed the carrot cake cookie and cranberry oatmeal which had just the right amount of sweetness if eaten apart from the frosting. A box of 6 cookie sandwiches is NT$250, but if you want just the cookies- a box of 18 is NT$300- and you can mix and match the flavors in your order. Even with all the macaron craziness with the opening of Laduree in Taipei, sometimes a chewy cookie is more satisfying (and more affordable!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one is great and is really a good post. I think it will help me a lot in the related stuff and is very much useful for me and also to the people who are information seekers about good recipes. Very well written I appreciate & must say good job.House Removals London

zaag said...

ugh! i LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! I'm so glad you're back with more food blogs!!! I've read probably EVERY entry you've written!! Thanks for coming back. I know you're busy, but I'm always searching your blog. Some day, I'll come eat in Taiwan. It's one of my bucket list goals! lol Take care!

joanh said...

Zaag- thanks so much!! I do hope to have more posts coming. Thanks for reading and commenting and for the support!!

:)