Wednesday, April 25, 2007

japanese: i recommend NOODLE SHOP & revisited: DEAN AND DELUCA

NOODLE SHOP
at Breeze Shopping Center, Foodcourt, B1

DEAN AND DELUCA
at Breeze Shopping Center, B2
CLOSED

39, Fuxing South Rd, Sec. 2
(02) 6600-8888

Hours: 11am-9:30pm Sun-Thur; 11am-10pm Fri-Sat

$

visit reviewed: 4/20/2007




As far as ramen goes, this is a pretty good tasting bowl of ramen. Especially for mall food! The menu is only in Chinese, but with lots of pictures. I think this was a shoyu broth- the broth was so flavorful I couldn't stop drinking it, the pork was very tender and the noodles were quite "Q" - just right amount of chewiness.

I stole more than a few bites of ramen from my friend, while I had ordered the set lunch (NT$250) from Dean and Deluca along with a quiche. Not as in love with the scallop noodles and roasted vegetables this time around- though I did finish it all- and I liked the refreshing truffle asparagus. Wouldn't get the pesto penne again- it tasted undercooked. Still don't really care for the bread or the soup in the set menu, though the bread was served warm this time. The quiche (NT$180) was cold, but they will heat it up for you. The egg in the quiche was the right amount of firmness and the elements all blended together nicely. I especially liked the broccoli.


3 comments:

Miss Tiffie said...

hehehe i liked how you used the word "Q" :) only taiwanese ppl would know what ur talking about tho lol :)

Anonymous said...

Taiwanese mall food is great, you can't get delicious, cheap food at malls in the states, unless they are deep fried or come on a bun. I love the variety here.

BTW, I'm new to your blog (got the address from a friend), but so far I look forward to any new posts. Keep them coming!

-EC

joanh said...

miss tiffie: hahhahah! yeah, but if you are living in taiwan for awhile you should know too! :)

anonymous: cool! thanks for reading. yeah, you can't get good cheap food like xiao long bao and ramen like here in the malls in the states, but you can't get hot dog on a stick or good mexican food in the malls in taipei. :(

:)