Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hungryintaipei turns TEN! #blogiversary!



I started my blog #hungryintaipei ten years ago today, when I couldn't find much information about in English about Taipei food and restaurants online (and I was desperate to find decent Mexican food in Taipei). 

This was in 2005, before iPhones, Yelp, Google maps, Instagram and my sense of direction in Taipei. Taipei has changed tremendously in the past ten years, every year surpasses the last. 

CNN, Buzzfeed (x2), Bourdain and Zimmern have shared the secret that we've known for years-- you can feast on street eats and noodle shops like there's no tomorrow for less than US$20 a day, or you can indulge in the fanciest of steakhouses, sushi bars or sweets that rival bites I've had anywhere else. I'm grateful for being able to discover so many awesome places to eat in the number one food destination in the world!  I'm constantly amazed by what new restaurant opens or cuisine I'm able to find here, or by local Taiwanese dishes that have been mastered over generations. 

I don't know if I can keep blogging for 10 more years, but thanks to everyone for following along my adventures and sharing yours with me. I learn something new everyday and have learned so much about food. I love hearing from you guys and having friends who love food as much as I do! 

Dearest Taipei, I feel like we've grown so much together, I can't wait to see what happens during the next decade. 

❤️ Joan aka Hungry Girl in Taipei 

7 comments:

Greg said...

Amazing! Not to mention I can't believe I've been following your blog for such a long time. We're all getting older! :-X

Got some other stuff that I'll save for an email. But certainly a couple meals on me for all the great work you've done!

FaFoFi said...

Hungry Girl! I've been creeping your blog ever since I did my exchange year in Taiwan. All the exchange kids consulted it like a bible. You still make my mouth water! =) Ganbei to all the great posts that you've written!!

kirbie said...

Congrats on 10 years!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Your blog is so useful!

Gemma
TaipeiStyle

TT said...

Happy 10th Blog Anniversary!!!

I forgot the exact date, but remembered it was sometime in the summer. Blogs are a LOT of work, and I've known people to give up on theirs after a few years. It is really incredible that you have carried on for a decade, and I am proud to tell other friends who visit, that you have become THE food expert guide in Taipei, bar none.

Congrats on the continued success!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!
Jessica

joanh said...

greg hao: awww. thanks! i know i can barely believe it's been so long.

fafofi: thank you thank you!! thanks for still reading! and man, i'll have to write up some more things for the exchange students! :)

gemma- thank you!! and thanks for all your comments!!

TT- thank you! ahhhh yes a LOT of work. chugging along!!

jessica- thank yoU!

:)