Wednesday, January 11, 2017

CLOSED/RIP: VOODOO DOUGHNUTS


RIP Voodoo Doughnut Taiwan. I had heard it was closed for awhile, but there was no announcement on their social media and people were still posting donuts on Instagram that said 2017. So I had to see for myself and it is indeed closed, signage taken down. It's hard when there are so many dessert options in town, and people in Taiwan don't eat doughnuts for breakfast. 

Admittedly, I only went twice during the year and half it was open. The first time I was underwhelmed, the second time it was slightly better. Both times the shop was empty the whole time I was browsing. The main donut I'll miss is the maple bacon bar. Maybe someone else will bring those flavors to Taipei. 



5 comments:

Greg Hao said...

ya, it closed last month. it was always a pale imitation of the real thing anyway. (and much too sweet.)

Sharmilabanu said...

Thank you so much for sharing such informative post.

joanh said...

@greg never got to try the real thing.. heard it might just be relocating elsewhere!

Lorenzo said...

@greghao: I've been to the real Voodoo Doughnuts and it was ridiculously like the original place.
Sweet? That's how the doughnuts were supposed to taste. Krispy Kreme does it exactly the same and they are doing fine.

katy stafford said...

they keep opening krispy kremes but theres nothing special about krispy kreme at all. i think its nasty. vudu donuts went wrong by trying to sell food. like hamburgers made out of donuts. they should have just stuck to donuts.

:)