Thursday, November 15, 2007

dessert: I recommend DOUBLE RAINBOW



DOUBLE RAINBOW ICE CREAM
at new green Sogo, B2
No. 300, Chung Hsiao East Road, Sec 3 (at FuXing)
(02)

website: sogo.com.tw Chinese only
doublerainbow.com English only

$

Kid friendliness: what kid doesn't love ice cream?

Visit reviewed: 10/29/2007

I was pretty greedy to think that I could eat two scoops of ice cream. But I have to admit the scoops from Double Rainbow near the food court at the green Sogo were larger than I thought they would be!

After sampling various flavors, I picked mint chocolate chip and coffee almond fudge. Afterwards, I regretted getting the mint chocolate chip (bit too sweet, not minty enough.. I actually really like Movenpick's mint chocolate chips w/ the chocolate chunks) and wanted more coffee almond fudge (it's the closest thing to 31 Baskin Robbins' Jamoca Almond Fudge here... mmmm).

Double Rainbow might bring some nostalgia for those from the Bay Area since it's an import from San Francisco. It's not as glitzy as Coldstone's or well known as Haagen Daaz, but it's definitely worth a try! They also offer sundaes, waffle cones and about 12 flavors.

4 comments:

abstractpoet said...

I heart Movenpick, especially the chocolate chocolate chip and the mint chocolate chip--those bits of chocolate are so frickin' good!

This place seems worth a try, though. Is it cheaper than Movenpick?

Lisa Wang said...

Double Rainbow! i thought they went out of business. I used to go to the one on Westwood Blvd (near Santa Monica) every week when i was little with my parents. It went out of business and is a Starbucks now. I'm gonna have to go next time I'm in Taipei for nostalgia's sake

Lisa Wang said...

i just saw this online, could be an interesting dining experience and blog entry.

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/071114/ids_photos_wl/r3842927337.jpg;_ylt=AquxMN31EcZuQvg.QKvZDyUEtbAF

have you heard anything about this place?

pterrell said...

When we were at the food court, I didn't have any DR ice cream, but I had a good laugh at their sign. One of their dishes was made with circa 4.5 scoops and other with circa 9 scoops. Another case of Taiwanese English...


fashionfoodculture-life: There's plenty of Double Rainbows and cafes that server Double Rainbow sprinkled around the Bay Area. Makes sense because it's "San Francisco's official ice cream".

:)