Wednesday, June 06, 2012

snapshot: RANDOM SPRING ONION PANCAKE STREET VENDOR

Sometimes you can smell it in the air and then follow your nose to the cart. This one, tucked in the alley behind Keelung and Zhongxiao, next to 7-11 was a good find. Hot and crispy on the outside, with a soft chew on the layers inside without being too oily. I prefer the tsong you bing, or spring onion pancake, without egg and without sauce, but you could load it up for a mini meal.
You really can't beat the street eats in Taipei!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

葱油蛋饼!I swear I think about this on almost a daily basis. So very jealous...

Christine said...

I'm so jealous... This is just another reason to go back and visit Taiwan. What can you top the pancakes with other than egg?

Alice said...

Street food is the best! I haven't visited Taiwan since I was a teen. Do some stands still vend beverages out of plastic bags? I miss fried crullers inside of sesame pancakes...

:)