Monday, April 14, 2008

my kitchen: french toast



French toast is probably one of the easiest breakfast foods to make- you just need bread, an egg, milk and a hot pan. I like to add a little vanilla extract as well, but it's not a must have item if you don't have it in your kitchen. I don't know why I don't make it more often or why I felt like making it this morning, but it was easier than trying to get it to-go from NY Bagel.


Someday I'd like to try it with challah bread or french bread, but it tastes great with regular sliced bread too.

I tried a few new places the past few weeks that I will blog about soon:

- Finally found Bongos and had some awesome red bean and mochi shaved ice at the very crowded Tai Yi afterwards.
- Said farewell to fellow Taipei bloggers haochr at Mary's Australian Bistro. Have fun back in the states- we'll miss you!
- Tried Yong He Dou Jiang and the nearby street stalls at Da An and Xin Yi Road
- Had family dinners at Shanghai Fans and the always reliable Shanghai Shanghai
- Made some peanut butter brownies but they disappeared too quickly to take pictures! Maybe next time
- Had an oyster omelette set at the Xin Yi Eslite food court
- Found cold Korean noodles (aka naengmyeon) and seafood pancake at the Korean restaurant across from the Vietnamese restaurant

Thanks to everyone for reading, commenting and emailing me. I love hearing from you guys. I've been trying to keep up the pace of a few posts a week, so we'll see how long I can keep it up! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I enjoy your postings so much. I was to excited to go back to Taipei this summer and work off the list of eateries i saw from your blog BUT now I found out I will be in Kaohsiung...which means.. the list is useless now :( Do u know a blog postings about restaurants around Kaohsiung? thanks!

Emily said...

Thanks, Joan! I'm missing the food already! I can always live vicariously through your blog, though. =)

Jeff said...

Hmm...looks like Denny's. Try using Texas toast next time. :)

joanh said...

anonymous: thanks!! you can always make weekend trips up. :) Try out this site for Kaohsiung:
http://www.taiwanfun.com/south/kaoping/dining/index.htm

emily: I'll try and share some new places to you guys! don't forget to try Zachary's!!

jeff: hahah.. tell me where to get Texas toast in Taipei and I'll try it!

Anonymous said...

I agree that this blog rocks. I will be relocating to Taipei this summer and I look forward to trying your recommendations. :^)

joanh said...

anonymous2: thanks!!! hope you let me know what you think of the places you check out. :) good luck relocating!

hello beebs! said...

i agree with both of the anonymous people! i'll be back in taipei again in a few weeks and can't wait to try out some of these places during the next few months! by the way that french toast looks pretty good!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin