Okay, so both fashionfoodculture-life and chocolate and sage tagged me with the chain-letter to declare 7 random things about myself that you probably don't know and then pyramid scheme it along to 7 other people on their blog, leaving a comment on their blog that they have been tagged.
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.
(1) When I was in elementary school, I received a sticker chain letter where you were supposed to send a sticker out and then receive TONS of stickers when it was your turn. I sent mine out, but didn't receive ANY.
(2) I twisted my ankle in the 7th grade playing volleyball and had crutches for two weeks.
(3) I won the city wide spelling bee in the 4th grade. But was tramautized when I lost from the word "pastoral" in the 5th grade.
(4) I haven't seen Star Wars 4, 5, 6 or any of the Rambos or Rockys or Star Trek movies or until recently, any of the Godfathers. But I have seen almost every romantic comedy, good and bad, from the past 15 years.
(5) I learned how to program BASIC from 3-2-1 Contact magazine, and taught 5-10 year olds how to do so at computer camp for one summer after I graduated from college.
(6) I did not eat avocados (I would even take them out of california rolls) until I had a job where my boss had margarita fridays and made really good guacamole that I tried once and was hooked. Since then, I've become addicted. (But I still can't eat it alone (out of the shell) or drink avocado milk. Eww)
(7) I still love Hello Kitty and cute stationary type things. I have all my old stuff and can't resist the temptation whenever I pass by a store. I have a Hello Kitty sandwich maker, toaster and waffle maker (the sandwich maker works the best!). Even the new 7-11 collectibles have me drooling.
As you saw with item number 1, I don't have much luck with chain letters. But hopefully these friends, some I know well, some I've only met online and hope to have a foodie lunch with someday, will change my track record. You're it!
Happily Ever After